Wednesday, October 15, 2008

understated beauty








the august issue of Domino magazine featured tv producer (producer of girlfriends and the game) Mara Brock Akil's home and I have been inspired every since. not just by her home decor but also her elegant, relaxed style of fashion. every aspect of Akil's decor i love. she has created in her home the same elegance and feel i want for mine. i love how she mixed modern and traditional pieces together. I have been trying to achieve that look in my home and it takes such a long time to find the perfect piece that just looks as though they were meant for each other. i love Akil's use of cooper and golds, so rich yet elegant and calming. i have been bugging my husband if he can make a shoe caddy for me exactly like the one above (fourth picture above, that use to be a mail caddy)... this issue of domino will definitely be in my magazine collection for quite some time or at least until i have mastered the look that Akil so elegantly put together.

No comments: